Diversity, Inclusion and Equality Objective
- Mark Hall Academy demonstrates a clear commitment to the promotion of diversity and equality as highlighted in its Development Plan and other policies and related documents.
- Mark Hall Academy aims to create a fair and just school community that promotes social inclusion, community cohesion and equality that respects diversity and which challenges and acts upon all forms of discrimination and inequality, including bullying.
- Mark Hall Academy works actively to celebrate difference and challenge racism, sexism, homophobia and all other forms of prejudice.
- The Academy takes positive action to promote racial harmony and to promote positive attitudes towards life in a multicultural and multi-ethnic and multi-faith school, through assemblies, the curriculum and special projects throughout the year.
- There is a continuous focus to ensure that all students have equal opportunities to achieve to the best of their ability regardless of their gender, ethnic or racial background, religion, ability or sexuality.
- We actively promote the British Values of tolerance, fairness, respect for other faiths, and the rule of law and democracy. Our Academy Shared Values and Learning Ethos underpin our whole school behaviour and rewards system.