Lunchtime is one of the key parts of our school day. Regardless of whether pupils opt for school meals or a packed lunch, pupils sit down together and eat together.
We also encourage our staff to eat and spend time with the children to model good conversations, good behaviours and good habits.
Staff enjoy spending time with pupils as this strengthens our relationship with the young people in our care which means our staff know our pupils well and are able to identify any issues should they arise.
Paying for Meals
ParentPay offers you the freedom to make payments whenever and wherever you like, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - safe in the knowledge that the technology used is of the highest internet security available.You will have a secure online account, activated using a unique username and password.
Paypoint payments are recorded by ParentPay and can be seen by logging into your Parentpay account and viewing your payment history online.
At the till, simply use your fingerprint (if registered) or your name.
MHA operates a ‘pay as you go’ cashless system. The following benefits become immediately available with our cashless system:
- Faster service.
- Prevents differentiation of free meal pupils.
- Increased parental control over purchases.
- Introduction of healthy eating schemes.
- Monitoring of free meals.
- Individual reports on pupils' spending can be produced on request.
- Guaranteed spending on a healthy balanced meal.
- At request 'upper spend limit' setting to prevent the whole balance being spent in one transaction
Free School Meals
The card is exactly the same for students who qualify for a Free School Meal.